Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mobile compatible contents

              Now a days I am being more involved with my mobile for interacting with the internet cloud. I am using mobile for watching videos, listening to podcasts. Today here I will specially talk about videos on mobile. I am a big fan of youtube. I am using the software from youtube to watch videos. Before this I used to watch youtube on my laptop. most of the time I had to select the video then roam around sometime to get the video buffered and then watch it. Ohhhhh I need to specify my bandwidth is very much limited. But the mobile is nice. It has a tiny(sometimes big !!! today) screen, which really needs pretty small amount of data to run the show. So I need to buffer at the first time only then it just moves on. not very long ago when internet was booming on the mobile world everybody was on "mobile compatible web sites". But now is the era of online multimedia. So I think this is a good time to think about mobile compatible multimedia contents. I have thought few.

  • The audio volume should not be below the standard, I think the higher is better. Because the audio amplification is limited on mobile devices and in most of the cases there is only one speaker.
  • very fast scene changes on the video is not good for mobile viewing
  • If the video contains any textual information it should be enlarged for sufficient time according to its importance and length to let the viewers read.
  • One single scene throughout the video may sometime cause screensaver the come up and turn off the play. So this should be avoided.
  • Please put your comments as you seen during playing on your mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment